Friday, December 21, 2012

EXPOSED: Teemonee Interview (Written)


Q: How did you come up with the name Teemonee?
A: A couple of my friends started calling me T-Money cause we used to hustle crazy back in early high-school, before I was T-Money I was Young Ta, lol. funny story, but I decided to spell my name Teemonee because it was unique, in my opinion. It did me well. 

Q: Where are you from?
A: I'm from Queens, New York!

Q: How old are you?
A: I'm 20 years old, born April 9, 1992! 

Q: Whats your definition of music?
A: My definition of music is just art. I like songs that are timeless. 

Q: Who or what inspires/influences you the most and why?
A: I'm honestly mostly influenced by New York City itself. It's not really such a BIG CITY once you've lived in it for so long, but it's big nonetheless. There's so much up for grabs out here, it's amazing, coming from a poorish neighborhood on that journey to a luxurious lifestyle, it's amazing. But as I've said on my track 'Lights, Cameras & Rappin', I'm "Feeling inspired by the fact that I inspire." That sums it all up!

Q: What drives you to create music and why?
A: I've been more driven to create music because I have A LOT to say and simply that. Since I don't really socialize with so many different people, music has been my outlet for quite some time now.

Q: Do you write your own lyrics?
A: Yes, lol, I write my own lyrics.

Q: Describe your sound. A: I'd definitely describe my sound as a pure New York City feel.
A: Occasionally it may change, but for the most part, I include my NYC roots where ever I go and with whatever I do.

Q: If you could choose any record label to be apart of, which one would it be?
A: I wouldn't choose a record label, lol. It's either a good deal or a bad deal, I can't really say much else because I don't study record labels, I love my independence to be honest but I get asked this question a lot.

Q: Who would you love to work with?
A: I'd love to work with The Weeknd, Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa, Jadakiss, those are definitely top 4 of the higher level artists. But I've got a handful of underground New York City rappers I'd love to work with.

Q: What is your vision of your future?
A: My vision of the future, music wise, I just want unity and respect to say the least. Fortunately my music is respected amongst what we call "old heads" and the young people, like myself. I wanna keep that going in the future.

Q: What is your next project?
A: My next project, I have another Art of the Teestyle coming, of course. This will be the 5th Art of the Teestyle to be exact. Then I'm working on another dope project, too dope, I've been seeking who to feature on it and everything, imma keep this one a secret though, no tweets about it, nomore leaks from it, but 'Lights, Cameras & Rappin' is on that for sure. 

Q: What's your Top 5 artists, dead or alive and why?
A: Top 5 artists dead or alive, I'd say, Jadakiss (who's also my favorite rapper), um, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, Nas, and 5th, I don't even know, I'd probably drop Joe Budden number 5. No specific order, but those would be my top 5. Of course everyones type 5 is different, some might respect mine, some might not, but thats the shit that I like. 

Q: What do you like to do for fun?
A: For fun, damn, lol, I like just chillin really, listening to my music, kicking' it with my friends, going to shows, riding around the city, that's about it! I'm not a dry person, I just don't party, I don't smoke, and barely drink, I'm always driving, lol. 

Q: Who would you compare yourself to and why? Have you ever been compared to anyone? why?
A: I don't like comparing myself to anyone, I do me. 24/7. I always get compared to Wiz, I guess it's based off my style, or just my fro, we don't even look alike, lol.

Q: How do you feel about the current state of music and the industry as a whole?
A: I don't really fuck with the whole industry and shit like that, I like who I like, and that's it, I don't drop names, but there's TOO MUCH garbage floating around, therefore, I DO NOT LISTEN TO THE RADIO, especially not in New York.

Q: If you could choose 3 women in the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
A: 3 women, lol, mmm… this BR chick, she's bad. Honey Cocaine is cute. oh, Draya, yeah… I like Draya.

Q: If you only had to listen to one mixtape or album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? A: I'd probably listen to The Stoned Immaculate, too dope, Curren$y is the man! It's just too dope, Showroom is amazing. 

Q: Are you single? Why? What type of female catches your attention?
A: I'm not single, lol. She's REALLY cool, I don't publicize my relationships, lol. But I like girls with a sense of humor, not CORNY though. I like long hair, beautiful faces, full lips of course, nice bodies are great, in shape is always a plus, and yeah… more to it. lol

Q: What are the pros and cons that you've noticed/experienced with being in the entertainment industry?
A: The pros to be short, RESPECT, the respect is AMAZING. The cons, DISRESPECT, if you don't like something, simply say you don't like something, don't say fuck the artist and fuck their music, I hate that. But on the flip side, lol, so many girls try to talk to me, that whenever I'm dating someone I'm usually not trusted, I can't deal. 

Q: What advice would you give someone who is struggling to be apart of the entertainment industry? A: I'd simply tell them "Life is what you make it" that's as real as it gets. If you want it, chase it down, and get it.

Q: From when you started music til now, has your outlook/mindset change? If so, why?
A: I used to just rap for fun for a while, I thought it was cool, so much garbage was out, I was just like, what the hell, why not. But once I started really seeing that people were actually paying attention to me, I was like "damn, this is really real right now", that's when I realized that the possibilities were endless. But when I say garbage, it's simply stuff that I don't like, it may not be shitty to everyone, but if it's shitty to me, trash bin. 

Q: Is there any shout-outs you would like to make?
A: Shouts-out to the whole Monee Gang, we're deep, from America, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, the love is deep. Definite shout-out to my parter Whitney aka The Vocal Vixen. Stackz Da Don, Sumnlite, My guy Toby, Ace D, Multiple, mad people, I could go on with a list of names. Carlie J is the new homie, lol. And everyone that's just supporting the movement. Much love to ya.

@TeemoneeNYC 

No comments:

Post a Comment