Thursday, February 14, 2013

EXPOSED: Pyro Methane Interview (Written)


Q: Pyro Methane is a pretty unique stage name. Where and how did you come up with this name? Did anything/someone inspire you to come up with this name, Why?
A: Pyro is kind of an alter ego and name. I always had since back in the day and the word "Methane" is more chemical cause when you think of the chemical properties of Methane, its explosive when in contact with fire and even on its own it's a silent killer. 

Q: Where are you from?
A: I'm from Norfolk,VA!

Q: How old are you?
A: I'm 21

Q: How would your define music?
A: That is something the listeners would have to decide. I don't want to say something or give you an idea and you end up being disappointed. What do you think?

Q: Everyone has their own reasons for doing music. So why did you choose rapping? What motivates, drives, inspires Pyro Methane? 
A: Because I'm good at it honestly.  I'm in love with music and I get inspired when I see someone blow up and come from "nothing". Because in my mind I figure I can do it too.

Q: Describe your sound.
A: If Pharrell joined Wutang in 91 and studied the arts of lyricism by Cappadonna.

Q: What artist, Indy or Mainstream, would you love to work with the most? It can be more than one.
A: There's alot of artist that reached out to me and that I want to work with mainstream wise but I'd let those features just happen naturally but on the more independent side, I'll say Santogold just because she's awesome.  

Q: Do you have a motto that you've created or one that you live by?
A: When I write songs I always ask what am I doing that's going to separate me from everyone else. Honestly I feel like all artist sound ask themselves that question. 

Q: Now, I know you're not mainstream but every artist has those crazy fans. What experience have you encountered so far? and yes, I want to know the most spontaneous one.
A: Damn which story should i say? I got a few lol.  Alright long story short, I almost got raped at my bday party by this girl and her pussy stank soooo bad. I'll end the story there lol

Q: Who would you compare yourself to and why? Have you ever been compared to anyone, why?
A: Nobody cause even the people I look up to, I don't sound like. If anything, I know I have a VA meets New York sound.  My style is very east-coast.

Q: What are the pros and cons that you're noticed/experience with being in the entertainment industry? Has it affected you, why?
A: If it wasn't for my love of music, I would hate it and of course the money is a motivator but the game is full of snakes and fakes but honestly it just made me have tougher skin. 

Q: What is your vision of your future?
A: I don't know. I have hundred dollar bills blocking my eyes.

Q: What is your next project?
A: I'm tight-lipped about my next release. Just know its going to be just as diverse as my last project "Fever" but with better production and visuals.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not in the studio?
A: I'm a very social person. I love going out and experiencing the night life, friends, and good liquor, all that.

Q: What's your Top 5 artists, dead or alive, and why?
A: Hov, Nas, Cam'ron, Eminem,Wutang, The Game... they're self explanatory.

Q: If you could choose 3 women in the entertainment industry, who and why?
A: Nicki Minaj, she calls out to my island roots, Lucy Lu because I have a thing for asians, Cara Delevingne just because its more realistic.

Q: Are you single? What type of female catches your attention?
A: Yeah and I don't have a type. Just be cute, smart and not annoying.

Q: From when you first started music til now, has your outlook/mindset change? If so, why? 
A: yes, I'm more open minded to change and style.  When I started, I hindered my artist development because I refused to change or try anything other than what was status quo or what was expected for me to rap like.

Q: Is there any shout-outs you would like to make?
A: S/o to my team Nino Skyz, Soul, French, Jays and you for this interview ;)

@ihatepyro

No comments:

Post a Comment